1. Father is over 70, mother will be 66 in March 2022. Both have age-related lifestyle health issues (BP, etc.) but nothing serious (touchwood).
2. I have never applied for a visa for my parents until now.
3. I am settled and living in Aus with my spouse and we hold PR (2.5+ years).
4. We pass income eligibility test and can provide support guarantee for every parent.
5. We are only 2 siblings, so we also fulfill the family balance test.
1. I think I can apply for either just 143 (permanent contributory parent visa) or a combination of 173 (temporary contributory parent visa) followed by 143.
2. For both my parents, the cost of 143 is $95,000 and the cost of 173 is $64,000.
3. It takes about 60-65 months to get a 143 or 173 visa.
1. Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect.
2. How many times can one apply for a Visitor Visa – 600 Family Sponsored Stream?
3. What is the total cost of applying 173 followed by 143?
4. In these times of covid and such, can I request 143 or 173 or 600 for my parents and request a travel exemption for them from home affairs?
5. Are there other visa categories I can apply for? like 864?
6. My parents do not know the Internet, can I make a request via my Immiaccount?
7. Looking for the fastest way to get parents to Aus immediately with minimal outings (from now on I can think of the following)
Option 1: Apply for 143 (permanent contributory parent visa) and do not apply 173. However, after filing an application 143, request Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream so that the parents can come and stay for a year before returning to India. Repeat the process with the 600 visa until the 143 is received.
Option 2: Apply for 173 (temporary contributing parent visa). Then apply for Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream so that the parents can come and stay for a year before returning to India. Repeat the process with the 600 visa until the 173 is received. Once the 173 is granted, make a request 143 (permanent contributory parent visa).
Many thanks in advance…..