We will focus our efforts in southern Ukraine to provide emergency primary health care and support to hospitals in the war zone of Mykolaiv Oblast and surrounding areas.
The main objective is to reduce the mortality and suffering of the populations affected by the war in this area through 4 axes:
- Reduce morbidity and mortality associated with chronic diseases and communicable diseases among the isolated population of Mykolaiv Oblast
- Reducing mental health burden through psychological care in Mykolaiv Oblast
- Supporting hospitals in the provision of trauma care and intensive health care in the city of Mykolaiv
- Ensure a rapid response mechanism to provide health care support to the affected population
Mission location : Odessa & Mykolaiv
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY
Level 3: As part of the duties, the incumbent will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good conduct will be required. In situations where it is not possible to provide an extract from the criminal record or a certificate of good conduct, a sworn statement will be requested.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
➢ He/she reports to the Head of Mission, based in the coordination
➢ He/she manages the project management team (eg Doctor, Administrative Manager, Logistics Manager and Nurse) as well as the national teams in collaboration with the technical managers at the project level.
➢ He/she collaborates with the coordination (medical, logistical, financial and human resources) and with the partners.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, the project coordinator is responsible for implementing the country’s operational strategy in his area of intervention, in accordance with the three-year strategic plan and ALIMA’s mandate.
More specifically, he/she is responsible for the implementation of the project and for contributing to the results set for the project according to the evolution of the humanitarian situation and the needs in the intervention area and on the basis of the medical objectives. -operational prefixed in collaboration with the coordination, in compliance with humanitarian principles and ALIMA’s mandate. He is the guarantor of the safety of his teams throughout the intervention area. He/she is responsible for supervising teams, monitoring programmatic indicators and contractual indicators of donors, and monitoring project expenditure – with the support of coordination – and communication with governmental and non-governmental actors. – government actors in relation to the project.
Above all, the PC must:
- Act in accordance with ALIMA’s mandate, humanitarian principles and the “do no harm” principle.
- Respect the operational strategy defined with the other coordinators (collaborate with the other humanitarian, international and governmental actors present in the area of intervention).
Definition and strategic planning
- Analysis of the context (environment, actors, security, access negotiations, etc.) and humanitarian issues.
- Identifies and analyzes medical and humanitarian needs in collaboration with the Medical Referent, in order to propose a relevant operational strategy for the area of intervention, in accordance with ALIMA’s mandate, humanitarian principles, and the “do no harm” principle .
- Proposes an operational set-up and relevant planning (schedule, budget, supply plan, etc.)
- Assess risks and constraints, and propose adaptations to the strategy and action plan
- Project management and monitoring
- Controls compliance with the established schedule and the objectives set.
- Evaluates the objectives of the project and their implementation (financial, human, logistics, etc.) through the development of regular summary and relevant reports for the coordination (SITREP)
- Ensures the follow-up of each department present on its base and ensures the proper execution of activities according to the objectives set.
- Ensures effective communication within the team and a smooth flow of information (operational objectives, tools, schedule, context, etc.).
- Participates in coordination meetings in his area of intervention (sub-cluster, intervention meetings, etc.).
- Collaborates with humanitarian and medical actors to ensure the proper coordination of activities and teams in the area of intervention and the pooling of resources.
- Maintains close relations and regular exchanges with the administrative and health authorities for the smooth running of the project (signature and respect of the MoU, negotiation of the resources allocated to the activities, joint implementation of the activities, etc.).
- With the support of the country coordination (head of mission and/or medical coordinator), organizes the visits of the technical and financial partners in his area of intervention.
Management of material and financial resources
- Controls the budget of its base and empowers each department on the control of its budget lines
- Supervises and validates the proper use of the resources made available by ALIMA for the project, all orders (medical and logistics), and project purchases.
- Verifies that the monthly follow-up of the state of expenditure and commitments of the project is done and participates in the analysis of financial data with the administrative manager of his base
- Ensures compliance with standards in the administrative management of the project.
- Control that the monthly follow-up of the state of the logistics of the project is done and participate in the analysis of the data with the RLP of the project (s)
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the supply plan in collaboration with the RPL.
Data analysis and reports
- In collaboration with the medical team of the project and the coordination (head of mission and medical coordinator), he/she proposes SMART and relevant programmatic indicators
- Supervises the implementation of a system for the collection and analysis of medical data and epidemiological surveillance (with the support and validation of the medical coordinator) and its evolution according to needs.
- Consolidate reports from all departments and analyze data to share with coordination according to mission schedule (SITREP).
- Contributes to the drafting of projects and future projects in its field of intervention as well as to the internal and operational reporting of all projects in the same field.
Team management and leadership
- Individually monitors each member of the team for which he is directly responsible: coaching, support, advice and evaluation.
- Performs the end-of-mission evaluation of team members in collaboration with their technical referents and shares it with the head of mission and the administration
- Plan and lead work meetings with the team and partners: project progress, security, team meetings, ensure that reports are shared with the desk and archived in the drive
- Define job profiles and performance objectives for team members
Security analysis and management
- Responsible for the safety of ALIMA employees and project partners in his area of intervention
- Assesses the risks and threats associated with the implementation of activities.
- Establishes the safety rules of his area of intervention, subject to validation by the country coordination, distributes them to the staff, and ensures that they are respected by all the project teams.
- Identifies and develops a network to ensure the safety of teams and access to vulnerable populations targeted by the project.
- Collects, centralizes and analyzes information related to the security environment and shares it with the head of mission to facilitate decision-making
- Ensures compliance with and application of the ALIMA procedure in the event of a major incident.
Development of IT tools
- Encourages disk usage for information sharing and archiving
- Gives ALIMA employees the means to train in the use of these tools
Implementation of preventive measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that its team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA policy and have access to information (complaint reporting mechanism, focal point, etc.).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards for the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that the members of his team and those of the partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow the training and awareness sessions and apply the rules of prevention of abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a stimulating and protective environment for the team, community members and partners involved in the project.
- Previous experience in an equivalent position in an international NGO.
- Previous experience in degraded security and emergency contexts.
- A medical or paramedical qualification or experience in medical project management is an asset
- Previous experience in managing a multicultural team.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions.
- Good stress management.
- Mastery of computer tools (GSuite and office pack).
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential, French is an asset.
- Proficiency in a local language is an asset
Duration and type of contract: French contract: 3 months
starting position: Fall 2022
Salary: according to ALIMA scale + experience + per diem
- Travel costs between the country of origin of the expatriate and the place of employment
- Accommodation costs
- 2.08 rest days per month
- Daily per diem
- Medical coverage from the first day of the contract until one month after the date of departure from the country of assignment for the employee and his dependents
- The policy of break every 3 months (during 6 months of the mission)
- Evacuation for the employee.
How to register
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter online.
Requests are processed in the order in which they are received. ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the initial deadline if an application is accepted. Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + cover letter) will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.