SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING PROCEDURES FOR THIS MEETING:
This meeting will be held IN PERSON IN THE WESTPORT CITY HALL AUDITORIUM. Access to the town hall will be via the front of the building. The meeting will also be streamed live on the city’s website westportct.gov (on the website, select the “How Do I” header and select “Watch Town Meetings”) and broadcast on Optimum Government Access Channel 79 and Frontier Channel 6020. to be read during the public comment period can be emailed to [email protected] We will do our best to read public comments aloud if they are received during the public comment period and include your full name and address. In-person public comments are also permitted during the public comment period. Meeting materials will be available on westportct.gov with the meeting notice posted on the Meetings List and Schedule page.
The Board of Finance will hold its public meeting on Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. at the Westport Town Hall Auditorium for the following purposes:
1. To approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 11, 2022 of the Finance Council.
2. Chief Financial Officer’s Financial Report. (Chat only)
3. Status update from Audit Manager. (Chat only)
4. At the request of the City Attorney’s Office and pursuant to §C6-2 of the City Charter, recommend a lease between the City of Westport and The Police Athletic League, Inc. for the PJ Romano Field House and the surrounding land located at 170 Riverside Avenue.
5. A request by the tax collector pursuant to CGS § 12-165 for a transfer of $190,085.04 to the tax suspense book representing motor vehicle and personal property tax accounts not perceived.
6. Consider and approve a request from the Board of Education for $216,056.00 from Westport’s American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds, to improve the social needs of students in the five elementary schools.
7. At the request of the first selection woman, approve a transfer of $192,000.00 to the appropriate departmental salary accounts from account 10109917-519000 (reserve salary adjustments) for employee salary increases non-unionized for the 2022-2023 fiscal year.
8. At the request of the first female selector, approve an allocation of $84,000.00 to the appropriate department’s salary and benefits accounts for June 16th holiday pay.
9. At the request of the Director of Public Works, approve an appropriation of $160,000.00 to capital and non-recurring account # 31503310-500356 to purchase a John Deere 410L backhoe and loader to replace the 2005 John Deere 410G backhoe which requires a repairs.
10. At the request of the Director of Public Works, approve a credit of $270,000.00 as well as a bond and ticket authorization to the Municipal Improvement Fund account 30503310-500357 for the replacement of the forklift of 50,000 lb in the mechanical bay of the equipment garage.
11. At the request of the Director of Public Works, approve a credit of $285,000.00 as well as an authorization of security and note to the account of the municipal improvement fund 30503310-500358 for the replacement of the scale located at the Westport transfer station.
12. At the request of the Director of Public Works, to approve a credit of $251,000.00 as well as an authorization for a surety bond and a note to the Municipal Improvement Fund account 30503310-500359-10129 for the restoration of the columns , pilasters and pediment of the portico of the front façade of the City Hall.
It is the policy of the Town of Westport that all town-sponsored meetings and public events be accessible to people with disabilities. If you need assistance attending a meeting or event due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Westport ADA Coordinator at 203-341-1043 or [email protected] .gov at least three (3) business days prior to the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.