Since Wednesday, local economic and civic recovery organization Reunion in Baltimore brought together the city’s most accomplished natives and expats for panels and excursions organized as part of Amplify 2022.
Much of the conference and panels in this three-day meeting took place at The Penguin Room at Whitehall Mill. Friday, the final day of the event, will feature prominent players in Baltimore’s tech economy.
Tomorrow’s panels begin at 9 a.m., beginning with:
Amplify 2022’s closing day also includes the second annual crab tank pitch competition, which offers a $25,000 grand prize and a $2,500 people’s choice prize. The finalists are:
- Astek Diagnosis, a medical device company and RealLIST Startups 2022 honored by the founder Mustafa Al Adhamiwhich has developed a rapid antibiotic susceptibility testing platform.
- BrickRose Exchange, founded by Bianca J. Jacksonoffers a collaborative meeting space that works both in person and in the metaverse.
- EcoCard Technologies, another RealLIST Startups 2022 winner, founded by CEO Pava LaPere and chief operating officer Sherrod Davis. The company develops data-driven platforms that help diverse business communities navigate ecosystems.
- RunMitts LLC, one of two black-owned outdoor gear companies in the country, founded by Susan Clayton.
- The Coworking Cube, a coworking space founded by Dr Jammira Lucas which provides on-site childcare, business development resources, meeting rooms and private office rentals.
Contest judges include RareBreed Ventures founder macconwell and 410 laboratories founder David Troyamong other local business leaders.
Donte Kirby is a 2020-2022 corps member of Report for America, an initiative of The Groundtruth Project that pairs young journalists with local newsrooms. This position is supported by the Robert W. Deutsch Foundation. -30-